Learn to Bridge Business Objectives and UX Goals
Design KPIs Workshop
Class begins June 12, 2023
Are you struggling to ensure that design decisions in your company are made based on clear objectives rather than subjective opinions? Are you looking for ways to measure the impact of your UX design and track your progress towards business goals? Join us for our upcoming Design KPIs Workshop.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to establish team-specific design KPIs, track them effectively, and integrate accountability and ownership for these metrics into your design process. You’ll discover how shared design KPIs can foster alignment within your team and provide valuable insights from user research and usability testing.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- The difference between OKRs, KPIs and metrics, how to translate them into clear goals for each team/department, and how to apply them to design work
- How to define KPIs that focus on user needs but also respects business needs
- How to navigate the unpredictability of technical limitations and business constraints to still move confidently towards better design
- How to build a comprehensive design KPI tree for each team and for each department
- How to combine qualitative and quantitative insights when measuring design KPIs
- How to establish ownership, accountability and buy-in for design KPIs
- How to make sure that your design is heading in the right direction
- How to collaborate with developers to drive KPIs across the entire organization
- How to use the Top Tasks methodology to understand and prioritize user’s tasks
- How to improve team culture with better meetings, time estimates, expectations management and collaboration, in-house and remote
- How other companies and organizations define and track design KPIs, and what we can learn from them
- How you can define, apply and track design KPIs for your projects and for your teams
In the workshop, we’ll be breaking into groups to work on custom-tailored design KPIs for various projects. You’ll leave the workshop with a toolbox of practical techniques and strategies on how to define, establish, sell and measure design KPIs from start to finish — and how to make sure that your design work is on the right trajectory.
Who is it for:
This workshop is tailored for advanced UX practitioners, design leaders, product managers, project managers, and UX researchers eager to master the art of design KPIs and tackle intricate challenges in aligning design goals with business objectives.
You’ll walk away with a powerful arsenal of techniques and real-world examples to apply to your projects, products, or apps.
Meet your instructor, Vitaly Friedman
Vitaly Friedman is a renowned UX consultant and the creative lead of Smashing Magazine, with more than two decades of experience in leading design. He has expertise in establishing design KPIs, tracking progress, and using data to guide design decisions. Vitaly is also the author, co-author, and editor of all Smashing books and is a curator of all Smashing Conferences.
Vitaly’s workshops are highly popular around the world, and he has consistently received excellent ratings from his audiences. He is known for his deep insights into practical design solutions, which he delivers with humor and wit. Currently working as an independent consultant for the European Parliament
How will this work?
Learning from the best
Vitally spent the last few years going deeply into solving complex design problems, his wealth of knowledge, and his expertise make him one of the top experts on this field. Here are two videos from our previous events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you tell me more what this workshop will cover?
You can’t improve what you don’t measure. But how exactly do we measure the impact of UX and the quality of our design work? How well does it address user needs and how well does it meet business requirements? What metrics do we track? How do we translate OKRs, SMART goals and KPIs into something we can work with? And, most importantly, how do we balance short-term wins from A/B tests with long-term strategy and profound user research?
In this brand new workshop with Vitaly Friedman, creative lead of Smashing Magazine and UX consultant for European Parliament, we’ll dive deep into design KPIs, what they are, how to establish them for design teams, how to track them and how to use them to guide design decisions.
What is the TimeZone?
Convince your boss - Email
Dear [Boss’s Name],
I hope this email finds you well. I came across an exciting opportunity that I believe can help our team take our design work to the next level. It’s an online workshop on Design KPIs with Vitaly Friedman, and I believe it would be an excellent investment for our team.
Here’s why I believe attending this workshop would be valuable:
- We will learn how to ensure our design decisions are based on clear objectives and measurable outcomes, which will ultimately help us create better products.
- We will learn how to bridge business objectives and UX goals, track our progress, and make data-driven decisions that align with our business objectives..
In short, attending this workshop can help us improve our design work and drive business success.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope we can discuss this further.
I'm having trouble with payment/ PayPal. What shall I do?
Please refer to our PayPal guide here:
What hardware/software do you need?
Please install the Zoom client for Meetings. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can.
To enter our class make sure you have the zoom meeting link in your email. You should get this link immediately after registration.
Got a question? Get a quick response through our Facebook Page Messaging.
Or Send us an Email info@ uxsalon.com